This week marks one year since I changed jobs from advertising to corporate communications.It has definitely been an adventure. I learned A LOT, both about how a factory operates and about what I want to do when I grow up.
Looking back, the past 12 months have been a whirlwind. In a year, I:
- Remembered how much I enjoy public speaking at the #140 Character Conference in Des Moines and at the John Deere Communicators' Conference
- Got to see the new S Series Combines up close and personal at the 2011 New Product Intro
- Visited North Dakota, Indiana and Wisconsin in a whirlwind tour of the upper midwest
- Got really good at running meetings, even ones that start at 4 a.m. or last all day
- Was retweeted by The Oak Ridge Boys during their performance at the Iowa State Fair. Heck, that was a bonus- i was just excited to see them perform!
- Still haven't managed to meet Kelly Rivard in spite of our best efforts.
- Ran video and photo shoots inside the factory, which is always amazing to see, even if I can't share most of the pictures with anyone who doesn't work for Deere.